Here's some great training opportunities your organisation may be interested in.
Secrets of Successful Boards
19th February 2015 – Book early to avoid disappointment
A healthy committee of management or board is integral to the success of any community organisation. This full-day course will help you to understand your legal and practical responsibilities as a committee/board member, and how you can create a more harmonious, more productive and more effective working group.
You will learn:
- Board Basics: focussing on modern governance for community groups, coming to grips with your financial and legal obligations and risk management for community group boards and committees
- Board Building: focussing on the keys to survival (recruitment and succession fundamentals), getting the nuts and bolts of policies and procedures right and developing better sub-committees.
- Better Boards: providing a Health Check for your board: Assessing board effectiveness and individual board member effectiveness and managing the process of change.
- Troubleshooting: transforming dysfunctional Boards and handling personality differences.
- Using the Boards, Committees & Governance Centre: focussing on the free resources available for community groups.
To register for this event online click here.