VOLUNTEER FOR KNOX
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Volunteer for Knox aims to place passionate and willing volunteers with local not-for-profit organisations in need. The Volunteer Resource Centre's purpose is to increase volunteering opportunities for organisations and individuals in Knox.
Volunteer for Knox can help you:
- Find a volunteer position
- Provide ongoing support and training. Click on this link to look at all the courses provided by the Knox Learning Alliance community houses knoxlearningalliance.org.au/programs
- Find people to volunteer at your community organisation
- Improve how you manage volunteers in your organisation
- Understand your legal and regulatory responsibilities
HERE TO HELP
Sally Dusting-Laird is a former journalist who has been working in Adult Education, Community Development and the Neighbourhood House sector for the past 20 years. She has managed and worked with many volunteer teams during that time and was employed as the Volunteer for Knox co-ordinator in 2015. She has a passion for helping people realise their potential and use their skills to assist others.
Leanne Conway has worked in the Community sector for 15 years in a variety of roles, her last co-ordinating the volunteer program at MND Victoria. Leanne understands the benefits of volunteering to both individuals and the wider community and is a volunteer herself. She has just completed her Bachelor of Social Work and is keen to utilise her skills and knowledge to help others.
OUR GENEROUS SUPPORTERS
Volunteer for Knox has been supported by a grant from the Knox Council Community Development Fund. Volunteer for Knox is governed by Knox Learning Alliance and is a member of Volunteering Victoria.